JUST IN: Fire lighted at a Garbage Dump spreads and Guts a house completely


KALIMPONG, 20TH MARCH 2018: A fire today completely gutted the first floor of a two storied building in Kalimpong. According to reports received the building situated in lower Dungra Busty Ambamey 1 belogned to Raj Lama. The first began at around 5 am and completely destroyed the floor. The fire also gutted a shop. Meanwhile all the furnitures, clothes, books, school uniform of the children of the house have been destroyed.

Lama said that the fire could have spread through waste dump that had been lighted by someone early in the morning near the house. The villagers repeatedly made phone calls to the Fire Brigade but were unsuccessful by the time youths riding a scotty were able to inform the Fire Brigade and bring them the fire had gutted much of the house. Lama said that had the phone call to the Fire Brigade had been successful and the Fire Brigade had arrived earlier, the house could have been saved.


Ashap Lama

Ashap Lama is the Chief Cameraman and Coorespondent Kalimpong Region for ‘The Himalayan Beacon’.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.