MAIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BIPARTITE MEET TODAY
- GORKHALAND ISSUE NOT DISCUSSED
- CM MAMATA BANERJEE INVITED TO INAUGURATE CAR PARKING LOTS IN DARJEELING
- CM HAS ACCEPTED THE INVITATION
- RS 2 LAKHS COMPENSATION TO FAMILY MEMBERS OF THOSE WHO DIED DURING THE AGITATION
- RS 50 THOUSANDS COMPENSATION TO THOSE WHO WERE INJURED DURING THE AGITATION
- ALL COMPENSATION TO BE DISPERSED THROUGH GTA
- 15 DAYS EXTRA LEAVE TO THOSE WHO WORKED DURING THE AGITATION PERIOD
- 23 AND 26 JANUARY BE CELEBRATED AS NETAJI SUBHAS FESTIVAL AT BLOCK LEVEL
- WINTER TOURIST CARNIVAL TO BE ORGANISED IN THE HILLS IN A MASSIVE SCALE
THE HIMALAYAN BEACON
SILIGURI, 21 NOVEMBER 2017: A Bipartite Meeting was held between Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and leaders from Darjeeling Hills. The leaders from Darjeeling Hills included Binay Tamang, Chairman, Board of Administrator, Gorkhaland Territorial Administration as well as Maan Ghisingh and Neeraj Zimba from Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF). MLAs Rohit Sharma and Amar Singh Rai and the Trinamool Rajya Sabha MP Shanti Chettri were also present. While the issue of Gorkhaland was not discussed in the meeting, a ‘Charter for Development of Darjeeling Hills was submitted by Binay Tamang and was discussed in the meeting.
However, the main agenda was Compensation to the family member of those killed during the agitation and who did not have a criminal case registered against them. A Compensation of Rs. 2 lakh each and a job for one member from each bereaved family was declared. For those injured during the agitation a compensation of Rs. 50,000 was declared. All the compensation was to be dispersed through GTA.
Further, Teachers of Government Aided Schools will receive pay for full three months. However, they would have to work on holidays to finish the syllabus. Government employees in other departments will get two months’ salary. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also said that 23 January and 26 January would be celebrated as Netaji Subhas Festival at each and every block in the state and this winter the Tourist Carnival will be organised in a massive scale.