- To facilitate research work in the fields of social sciences and media studies through financial grants, resources and professional guidance.
- To promote, publish and archive research work of scholars including post graduate and doctoral candidates, academics and professionals from across the globe so that the same could be made available for study and citations through electronic and print media across the globe.
- To bring, reseachers and academics from across the globe closer through tie-ups with eminent scholars and Universities and research organisations and offering them a unified forum for discussion on research in theHimalayas and the adjoining regions.
- To develop an online resource centre which the researchers from across the globe could use to further their research and scholarly pursuits as well as be a place where the vanishing resources like out of print books, photographs, films and audios could be preserved.
To further studies in the fields of Social Sciences and Media Studies with a special bearing on the Himalayan Region covering Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Nepal, Sikkim, Darjeeling Hills, Bhutan and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Human Geography
- International relations
- Political science
- Physical Education / Sports
- Journalism and Mass Communication