Greetings from Darjeeling! As you very well know Beacon Online is the only blog which allows commentators to comment without any restriction, moderation or obstruction. Comment threads on any post or page in the blog also never expires. However, this has led to a great deal of problem for all of us. Beacon Online receives more than 35,000 spam comments every day. The Bloggers are also known to vent their feelings without any thought and as such mudslinging, racial slurs and personal insinuations are common. I have tried everything from installing Akismet Spam filter to personally moderating comments. I have at times even thought of revoking the comment previleges all together. However, these have not been successful. Beacon Online is a community blog and I also do not want to change that. I have hence set forth the following rules hereafter to be commonly referred as ‘The Himalayan Beacon Comment Rules’. These rules are binding upon every invidual who comments on the Beacon Online without exception. An individual commenting on The Himalayan Beacon (also known as Beacon Online) is hereby automatically said to agree with the terms and conditions set forth by ‘The Himalayan Beacon Comment Rules’. The Himalayan Beacon Comment Rule is said to be valid since the publication of the first post though it comes to life as of ’21st January 2010′.
The Himalayan Beacon Comment Rules:
1. Comments which leads to personal insinuation will be deleted immediately without giving any notice or reason.
2. Comments which makes derogatory remarks against any individual or race or creed will be immediately deleted without giving any notice or reason.
3. Comments which uses vulgar terms or intends to subject other commentators or bloggers to vulgarity will be immediately deleted without giving any notice or reason.
4. Repeated offenders (whose comments are deleted more than 10 times) will be banned for life without giving any notice or reason.
5. Creative criticism are invited, however, personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Such commentators will be warned. Repeated offenders (whose comments are tagged for 5 times) will be banned for life without giving any reason.
6. The decision of the site administrator is final and binding to all!
7. Bloggers and commentators are requested to maintain cordial and intellectual atmosphere. Nuisance creators will be tragged and banned for life without giving any any reason.
8. Commentators are solely responsibly for the comments they make. The Himalayan Beacon (also known as Beacon Online), Gorkhapedia.org and Barun Roy are no way responsible for the comments made by the commentators or the views expressed by them on The Himalayan Beacon (also known as Beacon Online). The Himalayan Beacon (also known as Beacon Online), Gorkhapedia.org and Barun Roy are hereby indemnified of all charges arising out of the same.
Dated: 21st January 2010
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
NOTICE: The Himalayan Beacon, Beacon Online and Barun Roy is individual or collectively not responsible for the comments made on The Himalayan Beacon or Beacon Online. The commentators are solely responsible for the comments made on the The Himalayan Beacon also known as Beacon Online. Barun Roy or The Himalayan Beacon, popularly known as Beacon Online only provides a platform for public discussions. Personal and racial slurs are strictly restricted and prohibited. The Himalayan Beacon tries to strictly moderate the comments however, with more than 1.7 lakh comments being registered everyday, it sometimes becomes hard to moderate. The Himalayan Beacon popularly known as Beacon Online and Barun Roy recognises its responsiblity towards society and strictly strives to maintain it. The Himalayan Beacon, Beacon Online and Barun Roy collectively and singularly is hereby indemnified of all proceedings rising out of the comments made by the commentors.
Please note that the offer is valid for India only for deliveries outside India please email at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the country where the book needs to be delivered.All Payments are secured by Paypal, the world leader in online payment systems and recognized by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).